Tuesday, 12 January 2010

The White Stuff

The world has been resurfaced with a fresh covering of soft white stuff. It all looks so lovely, especially with the reflection of the dull sodium glow from the street lamp outside my window. And all the naked trees are fantastic with their temporary winter coats. The best part was going down my untouched lane and seeing flat salt plain of crystallised water just before it was destroyed by my car. My dad's pleased with the weather because it's created some great photographs waiting to be taken. My mum's displeased with the weather because her students are 'stuck' at home. I like it because it means people get in a panic about health and safety and close the school, which'll mean I can revise for sociology.

It hasn't really felt like proper exams to me this time. Maybe it's because of the snow or that fact that I didn't revise much but it seems as if I'm just going in, sitting another exam, and then going away. There isn't this whole buzz about exams there was before. I hope I take it more seriously when it comes to sitting the real thing!

Right now I'm being slowly clawed to death by my cat, which is not a bad thing, I'd definitely choose it over being stabbed!

Enjoy your day,
Sam

1 comment:

  1. Health and Safety... Don't get me started. xD I couldn't get even a menial job on the NHS because of H and S. They thought I'd stick my head in the meat-slicer, run over myself with the tow-buggy thingies, or drink the cleaning fluids, because the second digit of my age was a 6, not a 7.
    And the snow? :P Will be gone by tomorrow, unless it freezes overnight, in which case it's going to be a REALLY fun day. ;)

    xox

    ReplyDelete