So I guess I'm going to write a review for every CD I buy in my master plan. It's something to blog about, as long as you guys like it. Btw Sophie, I'm going to blog about the camping trip when I get the pictures from Abi :).
While maybe not completely compatible with some of my friends' tastes (specifically Jonathan: "Oh my God you like Disturbed?"), I'd heard some of their songs thought they were great. It was some of the stuff I used to listen to in year 9 and 10 when the primary source of my music tastes came from video games like 'Need for Speed'. While I'm not really that into some of the ideas expressed in this kind of music, like celebrating Hell and the Devil, I do love listening the music itself, and it's especially good if I'm feeling depressed and not in the mood for the cheery music of Mika :).
The album is marvellous, and while a lot of it is quite similar, there are some unique tracks that stand out and make it a worthwhile listen. The songs are quite melodic and more rocky than metal, which I personally prefer. Of course, they album did abide by the only-like-it-the-second-time-I-listen-to-it rule, and it took a couple of hours before I was craving for more and hearing the songs in my head. This isn't Disturbed most recent album, and I'd like to get more of their stuff. However, I want to try and keep the albums I buy as diverse as possible so that I can sample a wide range of music and hopefully discover new tastes. I dunno, maybe I'll be anarchic and buy two albums in a month :D.
A little bit of news-type-thing: It seems that in the past few days my mind's been trying to make me feel bad, but I'm feeling great cause I literally can't think of anything to get depressed about, not even tiny little negative things that I inflate in my mind. So that's very good. Also, I've (pretty much) finished making my website, and now I just need to think of a good name for it, cause doorstep.com/.co.uk/.net have been taken (mostly by non-important websites XD). My family have been attacking me with a barrage of possible names but none of them quite fit what I'm after. I'm sure it'll come eventually though.
Well, I certainly hope you have a good day today,
Sam


I'm stuck. I don't know whether I should buy Marina and The Diamonds or Ellie Goulding in March. They were both on the NME mix so you know who I mean! Which also reminds me, do you want the NME magazine that accompanies it? It has an article on pretty much every band featured on that mix. Pictures and EVERYTHING! xD
ReplyDeleteSounds like a plan to be proud of, Sam. :D I may just copy you... (A) That is if you don't mind, of course. :D
ReplyDeleteI LIKE DISTURBED TOO! :D "10,000 Fists" is a really good album. I also highly recommend "The Sickness", although the track "Stupify" lets it down a little, if I'm honest. Essentially, just the beginning of the track, but it's enough to make me dislike it because it's a theme that's repeated throughout the track, and just because I'm SO DAMN PICKY. :L (A)
btw - Disturbed are a Christian band... :P
:) Chin up. Keep thinking positively. :)
:L Good luck with your website. :D What's it about/for?
btw - Sophie... Who the hell are they? (A)
xox
@Sophie
ReplyDeleteI'd go for Ellie Goulding personally. Are you going to get Darwin Deez's album? I'm thinking that might be my next CD.
I'd love to read that NME magazine, in fact I'd really like to subscribe to it :). Maybe I can persuade my mum that it's beneficial to her if she pays for it XD. I've just become so interested in music!
@Rhodri
I don't mind at all. It'll be great to read reviews of things you like that I might also get into as well ;).
Great! I'm thinking I might finally pay in the massive jar of silvers I have accumulated over the past year, I'd say there's like £60-£70 in there, I could buy every single Disturbed album! :D
The website's basically a collection good quality content (Jokes, Games, Illusions, Videos, Articles etc..., maybe even music) from all over the web (with perhaps some created just for the website) all maintained by my dynamic content management system (I just love that phrase XD) and contributed to by various members. There's also a few extra things like the Wall (which I'm particularly pleased with) that allows anyone who visits the site to a post some richly formatted text anywhere on a 'wall' which is then visible to everyone else. I've been working on it for about 9 months now and I've just got some optimisation and validation to do (ie I've designed every feature I want). I've been thinking maybe magpie.co.uk...
Sam
:D Excellent. Then we are in agreement.
ReplyDeletexD NICE ONE. :P I'd go to a bank and ask for all pennies though. ;) Rebellious, see. *nods*
(A) And just plain bloody-minded...
Wow... SOMEONE'S been a busy boy. :P Is your baby crowning then? ;)
Nice name, too. :D
Ever thought about selling car-insurance? :P It'd be a good source of revenue for your site.
xox