Friday, 15 May 2009

Shampoo

What the hell is up with those shampoo companies. Every time I see and advert for some there's always some rich model or someone with only a 65% natural face talking about 'pentapeptides' or some other shit. It seems that with every new shampoo that comes out there's a whole new 'hyaluronic acid' or 'UV Light Reflecting System'. I mean just look at one of my sister's 50 hair products:

It's got a load of long complicated words which are completely unnecessary, but just make it seem more 'scientific'. "Prolongs and and accentuates colour radiance". WTF?

Where do they get all these long names from? I bet it's just some guy (or girl) picking things randomly out of a hat and then laughing when s/he sees the advert. Of course, legally, they've got to actually put all the shit they talk about into the bottle. But when they do they do, they put  it in minuscule amounts, so that it won't actually make any difference whatever it does.

[/rant]

Sam

PS, I would never be able to blog without the spellchecker. There's no way I would be able to spell 'minuscule' without a computer telling me what to do.

2 comments:

  1. They tell you everything about shampoo in the adverts except one thing: Whether or not it's tested on animals.

    L'OREAL test on animals, Proctor and Gamble test on animals, Unilever test on animals. It's so hard when you're trying to avoid animal ested things! It's not required by the law for shampoo anyway; not all shampoo makes do...

    Stripes xy

    ReplyDelete
  2. I only use coop own brand, cause I know that they don't test on animals and they've got a BUAV symbol on them.

    I watched a video in Biology about testing on animals - it wasn't very nice. I find it really hard to imagine how people can actually do it.

    ReplyDelete