Thursday, 4 June 2009

4 Miles!

Today I ran 4 miles around the track! (well technically 3.97677563 miles). Which is the furthest I have ever ran (except I kind of ran the sponsored walk). I did it in 42 minutes 24 seconds and 3465 milliseconds. Which is (approximately) 10.662775372 minutes, or 10 minutes 39 seconds 7665 milliseconds 1872 microseconds per mile.

It all started when the stupid year 11s had to have their stupid exams in the gym, where I play basketball. So we got dumped in the changing rooms, along with every other boy in year 10. I walked out with Jonathan and Kieran, who proclaimed that they would do decidedly nothing. I actually really like jogging. I like the uncompetitiveness of it and how simple and calm it is. I like setting strict rules for myself and forcing myself to follow them. I like the sense of pride and achievement I feel after running a long distance. So yeah, it's great. I hate running alone, but Jonathan said that he and Kieran would only walk and stop for 10 minutes, so I had no other option.

Yeah, and so I ran for 40 minutes. It felt really good. I kept looking at Mr Senchal hoping that he would say something. He did, at the end when I asked to do one more lap so that I could have 16 laps. He said "Good Boy", which was enough for me. (OMG Verbal Appellations!) I was really warm, but I was so pleased with myself. Then I caught the bus and had to walk home like three quarters of a mile!

In other news, my cat, Obi, has just returned from a 4 day adventure in the Gwenlias forest. He was really skinny so I gave him some food and some heavy petting. Now he's up in my room getting his massive fur all over me and my brand new keyboard! There's still no news from his sister, Awabi, who has been out for 5 days now.

Have a nice day!
Sam

1 comment:

  1. Oh Shit... I hope Awabi is okay. My cat, Santi, is like a heartbeat to me. I couldn't live without him being home. I'd be sick ith worry! Yesterday night, the back door opened (by itself) and then I couldn't find Santi. He's not allowed out, so I started to panic and grabbed a shit torch which didn't work, and went all the way down my 200ft garden. It turned out the outside light did work, but Santi was nowhere to be found. I cried and cried and cried, calling his name as I drowned in mourning. I was so scared he'd never come back... Needless to say, he came running through the gate and started to pad my leg. I was so happy. I was so scared.

    He's not allowed out because he's so important to us that we don't want him anywhere near the main road (in the front of my house) and there's a train track in the field behind my back garden. Plus foxes, Tabitha (my late cat) got feline AIDs and Leukimia from a local cat and we just love Santi too much that it scares us when we can't find him. So I hope nothing bad happens to Awabi.

    Sorry if I've depressed you with my pesimistic views... xy

    ReplyDelete