Thursday, 17 September 2009

504576000 seconds!

I know, it's 2 days late, but I'm now 16! Along with other stuff, I can now get married, pay taxes and join the army! Yupee! It feels really weird that little me can go and get married, like in the movies! Man that's weird! When you think about it, there's nothing really special about a birthday, it just happens that for one brief moment, the number of seconds since you've entered the world is divisible by 31,536,000 (yes, I did work that out in my head, by when I was in bed and had nothing better to do). But I'm not complaining, it's the only day of the year when I get attention!

The actual day was great, it was, by some awesome coincidence, my favorite day of the fortnight. I had single double triple science followed by double single double science and then RE when I got to say my (slightly controversial, at least in the class) ideas about what happens when you die. I insisted on displaying all by birthday cards and presents on my desk in science, much to the annoyance of Kieran Owen, who, for reasons I am unaware of, has some prejudice against me. Oh well, I was happy. And people were being nice to me. When I got home I had to wait until 8 before I was allowed to come down stairs and have a (hasty) tea with my grandad and then finally I got to open my presents. (My mum was teaching music downstairs so I had to wait in my room playing GTA, which wasn't too bad.) I got a load of books, some sweets, some money, some other stuff, a cool CD from some girl called 'Sophie', who is awesome, and an ipod nano! I've been hard at work making sure that every single song on it has an album cover, cause it just looks so much better.

I'm really happy with my birthday and I'm looking forward to the party on Saturday!

Enjoy Happiness! (and all that),
Sam

1 comment:

  1. Hello, Sam. xD You probably don't know who I am, and I only know of you through Ab I'm her bf. :)
    Anyway, I just wanted to inform you of a little mistake you made in this post. You CAN'T join the army at sixteen. :P Army CADETS, yes, but not army PROPER. Trust me on that. :) Personal interest, and all that.
    Anyway, to quote you, "Have a great day!!". :D

    ReplyDelete